Mental Illness and Gun Violence Community Conference
The National Alliance on Mental Illness, Fuller Theological Seminary's School of Psychology and Pacific Clinics presents:
Facing the Crisis: Mental Illness and Gun Violence
Monday, February 11
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Travis Auditorium, Fuller Seminary campus
135 N. Oakland Ave
Pasadena, CA 91182
This community-wide conference will address questions like:
- How is our community facing the challenge of gun violence?
- What is the role of mental illness in gun violence?
- What are our leaders and institutions doing to prevent future Sandy Hooks and similar tragedies in our community?
- Pasadena Police Chief Phillip Sanchez
- Pasadena Public Health Director, Dr. Eric Walsh
- Pasadena Mental Health Advisory Committee, Co-Chair, Wendy Martinez
- Pasadena Unified Schools, Director of Child Welfare and Safety, Eric Sahakian
- LA County Department of Mental Health, Director, Dr. Marvin J. Southard
- NAMI National President, Dr. Keris Myrick
- NAMI Director of Faith Outreach, Dr. Gunnar Christensen
- Fuller Seminary's School of Psychology Dean, Dr. Winston Gooden
- Fuller Seminary's School of Psychology, Travis Research Institute, Dr. Cynthia Eriksson
- Fuller Seminary's School of Psychology, Travis Research Institute, Dr. Brad Strawn
- Drexel University Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology, Dr. Richard Josiassen
- Northeast Ohio Medical University Professor, Dr. Frederick Frese III
- Aurora Las Encinas Behavioral Health, UCLA, Dr. Timothy Pylko
- Chief Professional Officer, Pacific Clinics, Dr. Ann-Marie Stephenson
- Marriage and Family Therapist, Laura Rios
- Peace Over Violence Executive, Director Patricia Giggans
- Gang Interventionist, Timothy Rhambo
Seating is limited. Box lunch is served.
Sponsored by All Saints Episcopal Church, Pasadena Mental Health Advisory Committee, Peace Over Violence
For more information and registration email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9:00 - 5:00
|Venue: Travis Auditorium
Address: 135 N. Oakland Avenue