Department: SA03 - Development Office
FT/PT/Temp: Part Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: 10 per week
Reports To: Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Fuller Theological Seminary’s calling program is dedicated to the comprehensive advancement of Fuller by generating private financial support while fostering positive relationships with alumni, donors, churches, and friends. Student representatives serve as ambassadors for Fuller and are expected to act professionally at all times to promote a positive image of Fuller and strengthen relationships with its supporters.
This position requires excellent verbal communication skills, a problem-solving mentality, the ability to think on your feet in a fast-paced environment and a genuine affinity for the mission of Fuller Theological Seminary. Working as a student representative is a great opportunity to improve your communication, fundraising, and public relations skills for life after graduation.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Serve as an ambassador by establishing open and engaging lines of communication between Fuller Seminary and its external audience
- Be comfortable requesting donations on behalf of Fuller Theological Seminary and gain an understanding of Fuller’s organizational structure and annual needs for financial support
- Commit to a minimum of 2-3 shifts per week; participate in all training sessions
- Process all related updates and forms related to outbound calls
- Arrive on time and with a positive attitude to scheduled calling sessions
- Handle personal information with discretion and extreme confidentiality
- Assist with other Advancement projects when needed
- Currently enrolled as a student at Fuller Seminary
- At least 1 year of office experience required
- Experience working in a call center preferred but not required
- Basic PC and data entry skills; knowledge of CampusCall software a plus
- Typing accuracy of 40-50 words per minute
- Detailed and accurate record keeping is essential
- Punctuality and dependability are vitally important
- Ability to work well under pressure with a variety of personalities and demands
- Articulate, friendly, enthusiastic and persistent
- Ability to communicate clearly over the phone in English using proper phone etiquette
- A minimum commitment of 10 hours per week is required
- Work schedule is Monday – Thursday, 3:00PM - 8:00PM
- Opportunities for advancement
- Build your resume: Develop strong public relations, fundraising, communication, and marketing skills
- Network: Converse with alumni in various professions all across the United States. You never know who you might meet!
- No calling during finals week!
- Incentives earned for reaching goals, snacks, beverages, and end-of-quarter parties
This position is subject to a background and credit check.