By Al Jepson (MDiv '58)
As the current chair of Fuller's Alumni/ae Council, I am happy to report that the state of the program is strong and growing. The Council is at full strength and its meetings on task. Our new Associate Vice President for Alumni/ae and Church Relations, Mary Hubbard Given, came on board on July 7 and she has been on the go ever since. As a Council we look forward to her leadership and working with her in new and expanded ventures. We also deeply appreciate the dedicated service of the entire staff of the Alumni/ae and Church Relations Office (ACR).
The investment that the administration of Fuller Seminary is making in alumni/ae relations is very encouraging. They see the importance of a strong relationship with those of us who have benefited from its many courses of study. Here is where we alums have an opportunity to contribute. You're probably thinking, "Here comes a pitch for money." WRONG! This is what we do need you to do:
- Communicate with us on issues of importance to you that the Council could address
- Let us know if you would like to have alumni/ae activities in your geographical area
- Keep your contact information current with the ACR Office
- Inform us about the most effective way the ACR Office can communicate with you
- Tell us what online services you would find helpful: Library? Lectures? Blog?
- Other; you fill in the blank: ______________________
My email is email@example.com. I will take any information received from you to our upcoming Council meeting, which is October 1-3, 2008.
May God bless you in these exciting and challenging times.