Fuller Theological Seminary was founded in Pasadena, California, by radio evangelist Charles E. Fuller, along with Harold John Ockenga, pastor of the Park Street Church, Boston.
Launched in the fall of 1947, Fuller Seminary enrolled 39 students in its first class. For the first six years, the seminary was housed in the buildings of the Lake Avenue Congregational Church of Pasadena. During this time, it grew to a student body of 250 and a faculty of 15, with 152 graduates. In the fall of 1953, the seminary moved to its present location in the heart of Pasadena, two blocks east of Pasadena’s City Hall.
Today, Fuller Seminary in Pasadena has more than 13 acres that provide classrooms, offices, residential areas, and other community spaces. Its newest building is the 47,000 square feet learning and research space, David Allan Hubbard Library, completed in 2009.