Field Education Internship for:
MDiv - students are required to complete the FE1 and FE2 internships
The MDiv degree is the professional degree that prepares students for full-time service in the church at the pastorate or staff level, or for leadership in the parachurch or non-profit organization, academic institution, or global workforce.
FE1 Church Internship
The FE1 nine (9) month church internship is required for MDiv students. Each student is mentored and supervised by a pastor who has been approved by the Field Education Office. Students must meet with their supervisor one-on-one for at least one (1) hour a week for theological, personal, and ministry reflections. The FE1 church ministry experiences are guided by a Learning Agreement designed by the student and supervisor and approved by the Field Education Office.
Components of the FE1 church internship:
- Congregational Ministry Experience - a nine (9) month church internship
- Ministry Enrichment Seminars - Field Education sponsored seminars on practical ministry topics
- Theological Reflection Group - a reflection group consisting of peers and a group facilitator
- Quarterly Reviews - Scheduled appointments with a Field Education Advisor for a progress report on your internship
- Quarterly Evaluations - written evaluations from the student and supervisor submitted to the Field Education Office
The FE1 church internship may be fulfilled by either of the nine (9) month options:
MDiv students will also participate in an additional internship, which may be part-time for three (3) academic quarters or full-time for one (1) quarter. FE2 internships may take place in a variety of settings including the local church, parachurch or mission organizations, social justice agencies, hospitals, hospices, correctional facilities, or senior care centers. Students may also participate in Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
Each student will meet weekly one-on-one with his or her supervisor for theological, personal, and ministry reflections. FE2 ministry experiences are guided by a Learning Agreement designed by the student and supervisor, and approved by the Field Education; quarterly evaluations and reviews are required.
FE2 internship options:
- FE502 - Ten (10) week Full-time Internship
- FE503 A/B/C - Nine (9) month Part-time Internship
- FE509, 510, or 511 - Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- FE517 A/B/C - Nine (9) month Part-time All Seminary Chapel (Fall - Spring only)
- FE546 - Hospital Internship
- FE548 - Hospice Internship
- FE556 - Correctional Institution Internship
- FE567 - Senior Care Internship
Internships and Practicum Page