Fuller Bay Area
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CAMPUS CLOSURE
Winter 2018 is the last quarter that degree courses of any type will be offered at the Bay Area campus. The Bay Area campus will subsequently close September 20, 2019.
Students are offered the following options for completing their degree programs:
Option 1: Complete a degree program through Fuller Seminary. There are three options within this pathway:
- Complete a degree by taking geophysical courses or a combination of geophysical, online, and/or Hybrid+ courses prior to the closure of the Fuller Bay Area campus on September 20, 2019.
- Complete residential courses prior to September 20, 2019, then complete remaining requirements by taking a combination of online and/or Hybrid+ courses. (MAT, MAICS, MATM, and MDiv degrees no longer have residential requirements and can be completed fully online).
- Relocate either to the Pasadena Campus or Fuller Texas Campus to complete any remaining degree requirements through geophysical coursework at FTS.
Option 2: If a student is not able to complete a degree prior to the campus closing on September 20, 2019, and still desires to take geophysical, face-to-face courses, she or he may complete degree program requirements through geophysical coursework at either American Baptist Seminary of the West, Berkeley, CA (ABSW), or the San Francisco Campus of Gateway Seminary of the Southern Baptist Convention, located in Fremont, CA (SFCGS). There are two options within this pathway, and a student's academic advisor can assist with any questions she or he has about how to pursue one of these options:
- Students can complete their Fuller Seminary degree as a Visiting Scholar at ABSW and/or SFCGS. The student will remain a Fuller student, but would have elected to complete some or all of his or her remaining degree program requirements through coursework offered at ABSW or SFCGS.
- Students may complete their degree at ABSW or SFCGS. In this case, ABSW or SFCGS will make every effort to allow Fuller Seminary credits to transfer into an ABSW or SFCGS program.
If a student has questions about either of these options, the student should contact her or his academic advisor.
WELCOME TO FULLER BAY AREA
Welcome to Fuller Theological Seminary's Bay Area campus in Menlo Park! We’ve been providing theological graduate education to inspiring students in the Bay Area for more than 40 years.
Through a diversity of course options with flexible formats and convenient scheduling, we form Christian women and men to be faithful, fruitful leaders in ministry, business, intercultural work, or any vocational context.
Fuller Seminary is known for its distinctive combination of biblically grounded scholastic excellence and bold innovation. At our Bay Area campus, you’ll see that reflected in our courses and events that bring together theology, film, and culture, our entrepreneurial approaches to the integration of faith and work, our growing Spanish-language program, and many other offerings.
Our campus is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, about 30 miles south of San Francisco and 20 miles north of San Jose. Whether you need equipping for traditional ministry or theological enrichment for a less conventional pulpit, we invite you to browse our site and see what Fuller Bay Area offers you.