DOCTOR OF INTERCULTURAL STUDIES (DIS)
The DIS program is designed for leaders with a minimum of five years of missional experience.
The following are requirements for completing the application process.
- Completed and signed Application for Admission, including:
- Religious Autobiography, parts A and B
- A $75 nonrefundable application fee (if the application is submitted online) or a $100 nonrefundable application fee (if the application is submitted via paper)
- Transcript evidence of obtaining a master's degree from an accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on a scale of 4.0).
- Submission of official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended (undergraduate and graduate coursework). Graduate transcripts should include a balance of theology and/or missiology coursework totaling a minimum of 36 quarter units (27 semester units) and include the following minimum prerequisite coursework:
- Theology: 12 quarter units (9 semester units). Note that 8 of the 12 quarter units may be taken at the undergraduate level.
- Missiology: 12 quarter units (9 semester units)
- The remaining 12 quarter graduate-level units may be in Missiology and/or Theology and/or in fields related to the area of program focus.
- Note: Graduates of Fuller's MA in Global Leadership (MAGL) degree are deemed to have met these requirements
- Three completed reference forms, including one academic reference and one pastoral/ministry reference
- Submit the following written statements (for more information on these, please click here.)
- A Ministry Experience Statement demonstrating at least 5 years of significant ministry experience
- A Focus Statement describing what you seek to address through the DIS program
- A writing sample assignment
- If your native language is not English or you have not completed an English-based master's program, you must either submit a test score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language ( TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System ( IELTS), Academic Format. Please click here for additional requirements.
- Please note that completing the GRE is not required for admission.
PAYING FOR GRAD SCHOOL
Attending seminary is an investment in your future. We want to help you see more concretely what it costs to pursue a degree at Fuller, as well as the kinds of support available to you to potentially offset that cost. Click here to find average tuition for each of our programs, a cost estimator to help you calculate your approximate total expenses, and several questions and answers about your financial aid options with links to more information.
Doctor of Intercultural Studies Preparatory Status
The DIS Preparatory Status enables applicants who hold a master's degree to apply and have their application reviewed, provided the applicant meets a minimum 12 of the 36-units of prerequisite graduate-level coursework required for direct DIS admission. The Admissions Committee will make recommendations on the remaining outstanding prerequisites in missiology and/or theology, which the applicant is welcome to take at Fuller or any other accredited institution. Under this status, applicants are afforded the knowledge of future acceptance to a DIS cohort pending their successful completion of outstanding prerequisite master's-level coursework within one year, with a grade point average of 3.4 or higher. Once this is confirmed, the student's status is changed to a regular admission and the student may begin the program with an upcoming cohort. Failure to successfully complete the prerequisite coursework as stipulated would result in the revocation of your conditional admission to the DIS program.
For further information, please contact the DIS Admissions Counselor, Debi Yu, at email@example.com.