PHD IN INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
- Completed and signed Application for Admission, including:
- Religious Autobiography and Ministry Experience Essays
- A $75 nonrefundable application fee (if the application is submitted online) or a $100 nonrefundable application fee (if the application is submitted via paper)
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended (undergraduate and graduate coursework)
- Evidence of obtaining a master's degree from an accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.5 or higher
- Successful completion of at least 80 quarter units of graduate-level course work of a theological nature that includes at least 20 quarter units (14 semester credits) of missiological coursework, with at least 4 units of each of the following:
- Mission theology
- Global history of Christianity
- Cultural anthropology (or other social sciences theory or method)
The 20 units of missiology above must include topic specific courses of at least 12 quarter units (8 semester units) that directly support the student’s chosen topic as demonstrated in the Proposed Research Interest Statement Outline.
- Three references: one pastoral and two academic
- A 250-300 word Proposed Research Interest Statement (PRIS) Outline (download PRIS Outline Guidelines).Note: A match between interests of the applicant and strengths of our current Fuller faculty is a critical factor in admissions decisions.
- A 15-30 page writing sample in English
Application and file completion deadline: January 15
Notification date: March 21
PAYING FOR GRAD SCHOOL
Attending seminary is an investment in your future. We want to help you see more concretely what it costs to pursue a degree at Fuller, as well as the kinds of support available to you to potentially offset that cost. Click here to find average tuition for each of our programs, a cost estimator to help you calculate your approximate total expenses, and several questions and answers about your financial aid options with links to more information.