Fuller Camino Trip (Students, Chaplains, Formation Division)
For centuries, pilgrims have walked the Way of St. James – the Camino de Santiago – for spiritual deepening, healing, and inspiration. Walking the well-trodden path parallels the inner journey pilgrims make. Fellow seekers have made this pilgrimage for many different reasons and at different stages in life.
For the first time, students at Fuller have the opportunity to join the Office of Chaplains and the Formation Division in this epic spiritual journey. We invite you to walk with us on the PortugueseWay from July 31 to August 6, 2023. Interested?
Please join the Fuller Camino leadership team, Amy Drennan, Brenda Bertrand, Kevin Doi,& Andrea Cammarota, on Zoom for an Information Session to discern the rightness of this pilgrimage for you.
If interested, you must register and attend one of the following information sessions. Select one:
What to expect on this trip?
After gathering for orientation on our first day together in Spain, we will depart each morning after breakfast and share silence until noon. At this point pilgrims may choose to break silence for lunch, which will be on your own as we walk (plenty of places to do so). We’ll arrive at our lodging by late afternoon each day. Some days we will hold group spiritual direction to consider our themes and intentions. On other days, you’ll have free time to explore and reflect on your own. We’ll share dinner each evening. The practice of pilgrimage is as much about holy listening as it is about walking. Our prayer time and group spiritual direction will allow us time to listen to God and each other as we consider how the Holy is moving in us.
● Dates: July 31 – August 6, 2023; Camino Portugues.
● Participants: Up to 20 Fuller students
● Fee: $1500 per participant
● Applications open Tuesday, January 10, 2023; Deadline Monday, January 23, 2023
● What is included:
○ Complete route itinerary
○ Shared room with private bathroom
○ Breakfast and Dinner daily
○ Baggage transfer between stages of the journey
○ Pilgrim’s credentials
● What is not included:
○ Airfare to and from Spain
○ Travel to the starting point
○ International insurance (required)
● Participants are responsible for coordinating their personal international travel and international travel insurance.