Prospective Resident: Application Process
You must apply for Fuller Housing separately from Fuller Admissions. We strongly encourage you to apply to Housing immediately. Even if you have not received an Admissions decision you can still apply to Housing. It is your responsibility to immediately inform the Housing Office when you hear back about your Admissions decision.To apply please complete an online housing application at any time during the year. There is a $30 non-refundable application fee for newly enrolling students.
To be considered for Fuller Housing's Intentional Community you must submit an additional application Apply for Intentional Community>
If you are an international student, you must be cleared by the International Student Office (ISO) and additionally confirm your Visa status with ISO.
If you are a full time staff member you may be eligible for Fuller Housing. Before submitting an application please contact Cynthia Cruz-Tupas - 626.584.5443 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for Fuller housing, you will need to complete an online housing application. You'll enter three choices (studio, one bedroom, two bedroom, etc.). Upon submission, you will be place on the waiting list according to these two following dates:
• Earliest date you will start paying rent. This date will determine where you are placed on the waiting list. By asking for this specific date, we are not asking when you can physically move into Fuller housing but how early you are willing to pay rent. This date does not guarantee an offer by this specified time but only provides housing with an idea of personal preference.
• Application submission date. Within the ranking determined by the first date, your application will be ranked again according to the date our office receives your application.
Although you may submit an application to Fuller Housing prior to being accepted into Fuller Theological Seminary, in order to be approved for Fuller Housing you must meet the following requirements:
1. Be accepted into Fuller and be cleared by the Admissions Office and the Financial Aid Office (although you can submit a housing application prior to be accepted into Fuller Seminary).
2. If you are an international student (you are not a U.S citizen or permanent resident) you must be cleared by ISO to be put on your wait list and have your visa to receive an offer. If you are unsure if you are cleared by ISO, please contact 626-584-5396 or email email@example.com.
3. You must register for at least 24 units of master’s-level or 16 units of doctoral-level course work within an academic year. You are allowed to stay for 60 days after your last quarter ends. The 24 units a year begins when you sign your lease.
4. You must be starting classes within 1 month from the time your lease begins.
Fuller Housing operates on a wait list system based on your earliest 1)date you will start paying and 2) the date you submitted your application. Due to the nature of the lease agreements, we do not know when a tenant will move out until they give a 30 day notice. Because of this, we cannot guarantee that housing will be made available to you by your pay by date. Additionally, we cannot guarantee that a specific unit type, or location will be available at that time. Typically we contact prospective tenants with housing offers between 4-6 weeks before your earliest pay by date. If you have not heard from us 6 weeks before your earliest date please contact us.
When your name comes up to the top of the waiting list for the type of housing unit you desire, a housing offer letter will be emailed to you. The offer letter email will be accompanied by more specific details about the offered unit.
If you decide to accept a unit, you must respond by contacting the Housing Office by the deadline date indicated on your offer letter. (The deadline date is usually 3 days after the date the letter was sent to you). If you do not meet the deadline, we will assume you are no longer interested in Fuller housing and your name will then be deleted from the waiting list.
To accept a unit, please reply to the email offer or contact us by phone and submit the $600 holding deposit. Please be aware that we must receive your security deposit within one calendar day from your deadline date and by placing a deposit on an apartment you are therefore starting the lease process and will be responsible for the lease agreement.
[REJECTING THE OFFER]
You may choose to reject the offer. However, it is crucial that you inform us that you are rejecting the offer. If you do not inform our office of your decision, your name will be removed from the waiting list and you will not receive any other offers. Based upon availability, you can receive up to a maximum of three offer letters. If you do not accept a unit by the third offer, your name will be deleted from the waiting list and you will need to reapply.
* IMPORTANT NOTICE
Please note that our 6-month lease is a legal binding document and once the lease has been signed, you are responsible to pay rent on the apartment regardless if you reside in Fuller housing, decide not to attend Fuller, have not yet moved into the apartment, or if you need to end your lease before the lease end date. You are still responsible to pay rent on the apartment until another tenant can take assume your lease. Once the apartment has been re-rented, a $600 administrative fee will be deducted from your security deposit once the future tenant moves into the unit.