Whether through small rural gatherings in local villages or large urban sanctuaries like those in Nairobi, Lagos, and Accra, the story of Christianity in Africa spans dozens of countries and centuries. Here at Fuller, we are committed to supporting the vibrant and complex African contexts in which the gospel continues to thrive, and from which the gospel continues to expand throughout the world.
In an effort to make a Fuller education more accessible and affordable, Fuller is pleased to introduce the Zawadi Scholarship—from the Kiswahili word for “gift”—available to select incoming students beginning the MA in Intercultural Studies or the MA in Global Leadership in the quarter that they are admitted and who are currently serving, or planning to serve, in Africa.
This new scholarship will cover half (50%) of tuition each year (for up to four years) for select students and is designed for students who are called to serve and do ministry in Africa and seek to use their training to empower and lead others in gospel-centered work.
For more information about becoming a student, please fill out the inquiry form to the right.
- Must be admitted to the MAGL Fall 2020 cohorts or MAICS Fall 2020
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA: 2.7
- Must begin classes in the quarter admitted
- Not stackable with other Fuller scholarships, grants, or discounts
- Recipient must meet the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
Applications to the Zawadi Scholarship require an essay. To apply, please respond to the following three essay questions, keeping each of your responses to 500 words or less:
- Are you currently serving, or intending to serve, in Africa? If so, which country?
- Please describe your current or past experience serving in Africa.
- How would studying at Fuller, specifically, equip you to serve in Africa?