Student Financial Services
Veterans Affairs Benefits
Fuller Theological Seminary is committed to working with veterans, members of the U.S. Armed Forces, and their dependents to assist them in taking full advantage of their educational benefits. This site is designed to answer your questions and provide you with guidance on how the benefit process works at Fuller.
If you are looking for Military Tuition Assistance, AmeriCorps, or other Non-VA Benefits, please go here.
Information on the cost of Fuller programs and a Cost Estimator can be found at https://www.fuller.edu/paying-for-grad-school/
In addition, U.S. Dept. of Educational Financial Aid Shopping Sheets can be viewed in the current year Other Financial Aid Forms section at https://www.fuller.edu/sfs/#forms
Book allowance: $55 per unit
Fuller’s Course Schedule can be found online at schedule.fuller.edu
Note: Book prices for individual courses can be found in the Expanded Course Descriptions (ECD), by clicking on the catalog number within the course schedule.
Certificate of Eligibility and Enrollment Certification
- For new VA students, once you have been admitted into the institution, please submit a Certificate of Eligibility before you are certified for the first time. You will not need to submit a Certificate of Eligibility each quarter.
- Submit COE here. Do not submit until accepted into Fuller.
- Current VA Students - In subsequent quarters, you must certify your courses to be eligible to continue receiving VA Educational Benefits A GOOGLE Form will be completed each quarter and will include Course CRN, Course units, and if class is a Distant Learning class or in-person class. The form will then be sent to the student’s Academic Advisor for approval. The approval by an Academic Advisor is of the utmost importance because this ensures students are taking the appropriate classes geared towards their degree program, as the VA does not cover classes that are not part of an approved program. After this form is submitted, the VA Certifying Official will submit to the VA and your funds will be processed accordingly. Students should not complete the form until registered.
- Submit Courses to continue VA Educational Benefits here. Do not complete if you have not registered for classes.
Financial Aid Process
- Start the financial aid process at https://www.fuller.edu/
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Fuller’s Financial Aid Office will contact you if additional documents or clarification are needed.
- Fuller’s Financial Aid Office will send you an award letter, including instructions for entrance interview, signing your master promissory note and applying for Grad Plus loans.
- Accept your award online.
- Fuller’s Financial Aid Office will certify loans.
- Fuller’s Student Financial Services Office will disburse book advances where appropriate, and then disburse loans once class attendance has been confirmed.
Financial Aid Deadlines and Timelines
- Summer quarter priority deadline – first week of March.
- Quarterly priority deadline – prior to the start of the quarter
- Fuller’s Financial Aid Office will continue to process applications throughout the quarter on a first come, first served basis.
- For those who are eligible, book advances are disbursed during the first week of the quarter.
- Loans are disbursed after students meet attendance requirements, beginning the second week of the quarter.
* Financial aid eligibility is based, in part, on quarterly enrollment status.
Fuller offers limited housing near the Pasadena campus. For more info on Fuller Housing properties, visit www.fuller.edu/offices/housing/about-our-properties/
To apply for Fuller housing, visit www.fuller.edu/housing
Fuller’s current cohort default rate: 1.8% (FY 2014)
8 am – 5 pm (Pacific Time)
10 am – 5 pm (Pacific Time)