The Fuller Foundation
Work With Us
The Fuller Foundation
Job Title: Grants Program Manager
Reports to: Director of Development & Foundations
The Grants Program Manager plays a key role in developing and executing robust engagement and fundraising strategies with the goal of deepening relationships, growing the foundation prospect pool, and securing institutional support for Fuller Theological Seminary. In collaboration with the Director of Development & Foundations, this work includes, but is not limited to, increasing the visibility of Fuller within the scope of foundations, proposal development, stewardship reports, prospect qualification, and operational improvements. Collaboration across the Seminary is essential for the success of this position as we build the knowledge and expertise of Fuller faculty and staff.
The Grants Program Manager will research, write, format, and submit compelling, high-quality grant proposals and stewardship reports to funding agencies (public foundations, private foundations, and corporate foundations) while applying knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach goals. The position provides the expertise to advance Fuller’s interests by researching, identifying, and soliciting sources of support, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals based on giving guidelines and interests, and by maintaining strong communication ties with foundation donors and prospects.
- Proposal Development. Develop highly competitive proposals for foundation prospects and leverage diverse foundation goals and interests in conjunction with seminary goals. As the primary author and coordinator, the Grants Program Manager is responsible for drafting, editing, gathering components, and submitting all grant requests. The Grants Program Manager assists the Director of Development & Foundations with the production and submission of grant proposals for specific projects as needed.
- Program Administration. Provide day-to-day management of a comprehensive grants program, including but not limited to:
- Create and maintain an annual operations plan with measurable program goals, individual prospect funding goals, and a comprehensive grant calendar.
- Develop, track, and report key measures of progress in all areas of grant activity.
- Initiate appropriate inter-institutional collaboration, as appropriate with faculty, administrators, and program directors and major gift officers to support the researching, planning, outlining, drafting and/or editing of grant proposals.
- Initiate opportunities for faculty, administrators, major gift officers, and program directors to interact with foundation prospects and interpret foundation interests to Fuller.
- Develop, implement, and maintain stewardship strategies and systems for foundations and corporations who have made a gift to Fuller working in conjunction with other development team members.
- Research and Tracking. Maintain a thorough research program to determine the giving patterns of local, regional, and national foundations.
- Communication. The Grants Program Manager is responsible for timely submission of all grant and government contract reports as indicated in grant awards. The role acts as advisor to faculty, administrators, and staff about the trends and areas of interest of private grant funding sources.
- General Functions. Assist with development functions, such as screening sessions, presidential briefings, committee meetings and volunteer activities as needed and necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Preference will be given to candidates in the greater Los Angeles area.
- This position is full-time, exempt with no direct reports.
- A bachelor’s degree with demonstrated successful foundation fundraising experience preferably in higher education (or a comparably complex organization).
- Evidence of success in grant writing and submission for varied proposal development.
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices, and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of foundations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential.
- Ability to communicate with prospective foundation donors and interact with institutional representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to compensate them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in order to develop professional reports, strategic plans, and correspondence.
- Independent worker; self-starter; self-initiator; self-manager.
- Discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Must work well in a team setting and interact well with all types of people, including faculty and external program officers alike, and maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and handle tension and stress in a positive manner is required.
- Background check is required.
Commitment to Foundation’s Values:
- Share a commitment to our mission and purpose.
- Make quality service a top priority.
- Contribute to a culture of trust and respect.
- Be a team-player who also works independently.
Commitment to the Foundation’s Culture
To work with our team means adhering to these principles that guide our work together:
2. Commitment to excellence
Please submit a resume and one-page cover letter to:
Director of HR & Office Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact The Fuller Foundation
The Fuller Foundation
135 N. Oakland Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91182
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our office is fully functional and operating remotely until further notice.
The Fuller Foundation and Fuller Investment Management Company help you achieve your philanthropic goals and support the Fuller causes you care about most. We do this by raising and investing funds for the seminary and the Fuller community, helping you advance God’s kingdom.