PSYD IN CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
- Completed and signed Application for Admission, including:
- Religious Autobiography and additional essays
- Application fee:
- Early application deadline (November 1) : The application fee will be waived if you submit the application and all other required documents by November 1.
- Final application deadline (December 1) : $75 non-refundable application fee for applications submitted between November 2 and December 1.
- Official transcripts of all postsecondary schools attended, showing a bachelor's degree earned from an accredited institution. An undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or higher is considered competitive.
- All applicants must have completed a statistics course in the behavioral sciences within five years of the date of application, with a grade of B- or better. Non-psychology majors must also take five basic psychology courses as prerequisites. Because of rapid changes in the field, those with bachelor's degrees in psychology earned more than 10 years prior to application must take an Introduction to Psychology class or a Developmental Psychology class as a prerequisite. Each course taken as a prerequisite must have received a grade of B- or better.
- Four references: one pastoral and three academic. Academic letters should come from writers who know you well in a professional or educational context. Ideally, a referee is someone who has known you for at least a year and with whom you have had substantial contact within the past year. Referees that can comment directly on your potential for success as a practicing psychologist and/or mental health administrator are particularly desirable.
- An official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score (Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical Writing) from a test taken not longer than 5 years previous to the date of application. Minimum scores of 151 on the Verbal section, 152 on the Quantitative section, and 4.0 on the Analytical Writing section are considered competitive.
- The GRE Psychology Subject Test (PGRE) score requirement is as follows:
- Psychology majors: The PGRE score is not required.
- Non-psychology majors: The PGRE score is recommended; however, this score is required if the final grades from one psychological statistics course and five core psychology courses are not received at the time of application.
- You are encouraged to submit a formal vita or resumé along with your application. If you need assistance preparing a vita, you may find www.apa.org/careers/resources/academic/vitae-tips.aspx to be helpful. Your vita can be submitted to the Admissions Office as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the following address:
Office of Admissions
Fuller Theological Seminary
135 N. Oakland Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91182
- If your native language is not English or your medium of instruction for all post-secondary education is not English, you must either submit a test score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language ( TOEFL) taken within the past two years or the International English Language Testing System ( IELTS), Academic Format, taken within the past two years. Please click here for additional requirements.
Clinical Psychology interviews are offered to selected applicants as part of the decision process. Early application interviews are offered in late January. Regular application interviews are held in mid February. An invitation to interview is not a guarantee of acceptance to the program.
Online application opens: August 1
Early application and file completion deadline: November 1
- Submit the application and all other required documents by application deadline
- Applicants should take the GRE and PGRE (if applicable) by October 1 at the latest in order for the score to be reported to Fuller by the November 1 deadline
- Clinical Psychology interviews are offered to selected applicants as part of the decision process. Early application interviews are offered in late January. An invitation to interview is not a guarantee of acceptance to the program.
- NOTE: Incomplete applications will be processed for the Final application process (see below)
Final application and file completion deadline: December 1
- Applicants should take the GRE and PGRE (if applicable) by November 1 at the latest in order for the score to be reported to Fuller by the December 1 deadline
- Clinical Psychology interviews are offered to selected applicants as part of the decision process. Regular application interviews are held in mid February. An invitation to interview is not a guarantee of acceptance to the program.
Notification date (for early and final applications): April 1
Please allow ample time to submit a completed application (including all references, transcripts, GRE, PGRE, TOEFL, and/or IELTS Academic Format score[s], and supplementary materials) by the December 1 deadline.
PAYING FOR GRAD SCHOOL
Attending seminary is an investment in your future. We want to help you see more concretely what it costs to pursue a degree at Fuller, as well as the kinds of support available to you to potentially offset that cost. Click here to find average tuition for each of our programs, a cost estimator to help you calculate your approximate total expenses, and several questions and answers about your financial aid options with links to more information.