PSYD IN CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
- Completed and signed Application for Admission, including:
- Religious Autobiography and additional essays
- Application fee:
- Early application deadline (November 1) : The application fee will be waived if you submit the online application by November 1.
- Final application deadline (December 1) : $50 non-refundable application fee for online applications submitted between November 2 and December 1. You may pay your application fee online with a US credit card, PayPal, check, money order, or international bank transfer.
- Official transcripts of all postsecondary schools attended, showing a bachelor's degree earned from an accredited institution. An undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher is considered competitive.
- All applicants with a bachelor’s or a master’s degree* in psychology or a closely related field with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) are welcome to apply to the PsyD Program with no additional prerequisite coursework needed. Applicants with a bachelor’s or a master’s degree* in an unrelated field must achieve a passing grade in five basic psychology courses (including Statistics)** prior to enrolling in the PsyD program.
- Please note: If you do not have prerequisite course work completed or your course work is in progress, please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com for further details.
- Four references: one pastoral and three academic. Academic letters should come from writers who know you well in a professional or educational context. Ideally, a referee is someone who has known you for at least a year and with whom you have had substantial contact within the past year. Referees that can comment directly on your potential for success as a practicing psychologist and/or mental health administrator are particularly desirable.
- The GRE is not required, but scores can be included as a part of your application if you feel they will strengthen your application overall.
- The GRE Psychology Subject Test (PGRE) score is not required, but can be included as a part of your application if you feel they will strengthen your application overall.
- You are encouraged to submit a formal vita or resumé along with your application. If you need assistance preparing a vita, you may find www.apa.org/careers/resources/academic/vitae-tips.aspx to be helpful. Your vita can be submitted to the Admissions Office as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the following address:
Office of Admissions
Fuller Theological Seminary
135 N. Oakland Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91182
- If your native language is not English or your medium of instruction for all post-secondary education is not English, you must either submit a test score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language ( TOEFL) taken within the past two years or the International English Language Testing System ( IELTS), Academic Format, taken within the past two years. Please click here for additional requirements.
Clinical Psychology interviews are offered to selected applicants as part of the decision process. Early application interviews are offered in late January. Regular application interviews are held in mid February. An invitation to interview is not a guarantee of acceptance to the program.
*(From an accredited college or university)
**(One course must be Statistics, the four remaining courses can be selected from the following areas: Intro to Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology, Physiological Psychology, Personality Theory, Research Methods, Psychological Tests and Measurement).
Online application opens: August 1
Early application and file completion deadline: November 1
- Submit the application and all other required documents by application deadline
- Applicants should take the GRE and PGRE (if applicable) by October 1 at the latest in order for the score to be reported to Fuller by the November 1 deadline
- Clinical Psychology interviews are offered to selected applicants as part of the decision process. Early application interviews are offered in late January. An invitation to interview is not a guarantee of acceptance to the program.
- NOTE: Incomplete applications will be processed for the Final application process (see below)
Final application and file completion deadline: December 1
- Applicants should take the GRE and PGRE (if applicable) by November 1 at the latest in order for the score to be reported to Fuller by the December 1 deadline
- Clinical Psychology interviews are offered to selected applicants as part of the decision process. Regular application interviews are held in mid February. An invitation to interview is not a guarantee of acceptance to the program.
Notification date (for early and final applications): March 1
Please allow ample time to submit a completed application (including all references, transcripts, GRE, PGRE, TOEFL, and/or IELTS Academic Format score[s], and supplementary materials) by the December 1 deadline.
PAYING FOR GRAD SCHOOL
Attending seminary is an investment in your future. We want to help you see more concretely what it costs to pursue a degree at Fuller, as well as the kinds of support available to you to potentially offset that cost. Click here to find average tuition for each of our programs and several questions and answers about your financial aid options with links to more information.