Skip to content
Library Plants

Official Withdrawal (Withdrawal from Fuller)

If you wish to withdraw completely from Fuller Theological Seminary, this process is called an Official Withdrawal. It is not the same as withdrawing from coursework, which is an Unofficial Withdrawal.

Students who are considering an Official Withdrawal are encouraged to first contact their Academic Advisor. Your advisor will discuss the options available to you and the Official Withdrawal process. If you receive Federal Student Aid, your advisor will recommend that you also contact the Financial Aid Office about the impact of an official withdrawal to your federal aid. Your advisor will document the date of this discussion if you decide to withdraw from the seminary.

Students initiate the Official Withdrawal process by completing the Official Withdrawal form, which is located on the Fuller Kiosk. This form comes to both the Registrar's Office and the Office of Student Financial Services upon submission. The Registrar’s Office will immediately process it, which means that your student status will be changed from Active to Withdrawn. If you are currently in any courses, you will be automatically withdrawn from these as well with a grade of W (Withdrawn), if the date of your official withdrawal is prior to the Week 5 withdrawal deadline, or WF (Withdrawn Failing), if the date is after it. Please note that all official withdrawals will be processed immediately upon receipt. If you are currently in courses and wish to finish out the term, you will need to wait until the term concludes before beginning this process.

The Office of Student Financial Services will also immediately process your Official Withdrawal request, using the date of official notification as both the date of your last academic related activity and the date of determination of the withdrawal used in the R2T4 (Return to Title IV) calculation:

  • The Financial Aid Office will perform the calculation and determine how much of the Federal Aid was earned by the student.
  • The Financial Aid Office will make any adjustments to the disbursement in Banner if the disbursement is not 100% earned.
  • The Financial Aid Office transmits the adjustments and refunds to G5 no later than 45 days from the date of determination that the student has officially withdrawn from the institution.

After these steps are completed, the Financial Aid Office will notify you of the refund calculation and provide Exit Counseling. You will also receive an email confirming that you have been officially withdrawn from Fuller Seminary.

If, in the future, you wish to resume your studies at Fuller after you have officially withdrawn, you will need to apply for reinstatement through the Office of Admissions.

More Questions?

Do you have questions or would you like more information? We’re here to help!

Virtual Appointments

Book a virtual appointment to speak with Registrar staff.

Office Hours

Beginning July 1, 2021, we will resume some in-person operations by being open for in-person visits on Wednesdays 2:00pm-4pm Pacific time.