Student Engagement and Success
PLEASE ENROLL IN STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE FROM YOUR FULLER "MY ACCOUNT" FROM THE REGISTRATION PAGE IN SECTION 4, ON OR AFTER YOUR SCHEDULED REGISTRATION DATE.
As part of Fuller Seminary’s commitment to fostering a healthy community, all students residing in Southern California who are registered on the Pasadena campus are required to maintain basic health insurance. Eligible students can meet this requirement either by purchasing health insurance through Fuller’s Student Health Insurance (SHI) office OR waivie out by demonstrating you have comparable health insurance coverage.
Enrolling into Student Health Insurance plans are completed online. You can enroll by accessing the "Student Class Registration Module" from the "Current Students Homepage". Then click on Section 4 to complete enrollment (students are required to re-enroll each quarter).
NEW: 2019-2020 PLAN UPDATES
DENTAL COVERAGE OPEN TO BOTH DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
Enrollment in student insurance occurs during the registration process. Once you have registered for classes make sure to complete Step 4 of the registration menu.
All prices are per quarter.
Medical Prices (2019-2020, effective Fall Quarter)
UNITED HEALTHCARE RESOURCES PPO PLAN (DOMESTIC STUDENTS ONLY)
UNITED HEALTHCARE OPTIONS PPO PLAN (INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY)
UNITED CONCORDIA DENTAL HMO (SEE TAB BELOW)
- Click here for an updated 2018-19 United Healthcare Resources brochure
- Click here for the 2018-19 United Healthcare Resources Summary of Benefits
- Click here for a guide to using United Healthcare Resources
- Click here for a description of the supplementary travel insurance included with your United Healthcare Resources plan
- Click here to find a doctor
- Click here for a United Healthcare Resources claim form
United Healthcare Resources Policy Number:
United Healthcare Resources Customer Service:
HOW THE PLAN WORKS
- Doctors: You may receive care from any doctor or hospital. But the Plan pays more — and you pay less — when you use UHCSR Preferred (PPO) doctors.
- Routine Office Visits: When you go to a UHCSR doctor for a routine office visit, you pay a copay. Any extra care, such as lab work or x-rays, is subject to the plan’s deductible and coinsurance.
- Prescription Drugs: When you use UHCSR Preferred (PPO) pharmacies, you will be charged the lesser of the drug cost or a flat copay as long as you use a contracted pharmacy. Click here to find a contracted Pharmacy or here to review the Prescription Drug List.
- Other Covered Services: You first pay an annual deductible (per person). Then the Plan pays their % when you use providers in UHCSR's PPO network (FIND A PROVIDER).
- Out-of-Pocket Maximum: Once your costs reach the annual out-of-pocket maximum, the Plan pays 100% for eligible services for the rest of the policy year.
- Telehealth: With our new Telehealth benefit, available through HealthiestYou, you can connect with a U.S. Board-certified doctor 24/7, 365 days a year via your phone, tablet, or computer, usually within an hour. You can use the Telehealth service at no cost to you if you are enrolled in the Fuller Student Medical Plan (otherwise, you can use the service for $40 per visit). Register today so you'll be all set to use Telehealth when you need it.
- United Healthcare Student Resources: Glossary of Terms
CONTACT STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE OFFICE
Student Health Insurance Office
Fuller Theological Seminary
135 N. Oakland Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91182
Monday: 12-5 pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30 am-12:30 pm
The Student Health Insurance Office is located on the 2nd floor of the Catalyst at 130 N. Oakland Ave. in Pasadena, California.