COVID-19 Updates
Skip to content

federal work study


Your eligibility is an estimate of your potential earnings during the academic year if you decide to seek a work-study position at Fuller. The actual amount you could earn depends on the position and number of hours you work. You must apply for a work-study position, just like you would apply for a regular job through Human Resources. The department that has listed a work-study position is responsible for interviewing and hiring the work-study employee. You should apply for a position only after the Office of Financial Aid has determined your eligibility to participate in the Work-Study Program.

For some students, accepting a work-study position will replace a portion of their student loan eligibility. Contact Student Financial Services for specific information on how a work-study position may affect your financial aid award. Please note that eligibility for work-study is not a guarantee of employment.


  • You must be accepted into a degree program and have a Regular admit status.
  • You must be a United States citizen or legal Permanent Resident.
  • You must file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
  • You must be enrolled at least half-time (6 units in most degree programs).
  • You must maintain Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress.
  • You must be in compliance with the U.S. Selective Service if you are a male.
  • You must not be in default on any current or prior federal student or Perkins loan.
  • You must have a complete Fuller Financial Aid Application on file with Student Financial Services.
  • You must demonstrate financial need. Financial need is calculated by Student Financial Services.
  • Students with exceptional circumstances may have additional eligibility requirements not listed here.